We are not alone! Come join our Coalition and others around the country. Many communities are fighting to have a say on airplane flight routes and other issues that impact airplane noise and air pollution in our neighborhoods. Here is just a small sample of what is going on around the country:
- Congresswoman Grace Meng from New York is introducing a new law to have the EPA regulate aircraft noise over QUEENS and across the country.
- As of October 2015, the City of CHICAGO is being sued by residents in the neighborhood of Bensenville (near O'Hare) over Gen2 flight paths.
- SAN DIEGO’s Point Loma residents are questioning the FAA over a re-routing of flight paths.
- CULVER CITY citizens and officials are protesting the increase in aircraft noise and low airplane altitudes. Unlike our DC government representatives, the Culver City officials are taking a proactive stance on the side of those they are representing.
- Residents in several PHOENIX neighborhoods are concerned about the impact of a recent FAA decision to change the flight path of planes departing PHX Sky Harbor International Airport. Besides suing the FAA, they have also launched a Let’s Make Some Noise campaign.
- The very active MINNEAPOLIS Fair Skies Coalition successfully published an op-ed criticizing the FAA and NextGen technology in the Minnesota Star Tribune this summer.