WHAT DO we want the faa to do?
- Suspend the new LAZIR flight route over our communities and reinstate the prior flight path.
- Include noise and emissions as critical design inputs for arrival and departures routes.
- Distribute noise equitably over populated areas when it cannot be eliminated.
- Eliminate or restrict aircraft operations between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Adopt more meaningful noise assessment methods on the ground.
- Enforce arrival approaches that keep aircraft strictly over the river at all times and in any weather.
What do we want Washington, D.C. to do?
- Support the legal case filed by the Coalition against the FAA concerning violation of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Conduct a technical study on airplane noise like the one being conducted by the City of Palo Alto. Mayor Bowser has included $300,000 in the budget for such a study.
- Provide technical support to the DC Representatives to the Community Working Group working with the airport to address aircraft noise over DC.
Why should you care?
- Decreased ability to concentrate for learning and working purposes degrades your productivity.
- Reduced ability to enjoy the outdoors degrades your quality of life.
- Constant noise degrades your property values.